Friday 22 June 2012

A mass of flowers and wool.

This week I have focused on an idea I have had for a little while.
I wanted to develop a way of using felt flowers for a variety of different items.
It was a bit tricky working out the best way to fold the flowers, But after lots of fiddling around and a few grumpy moments, I was on a roll.
I have had some beautiful natural wool felt for a long time and was so happy to use this and give the flowers a natural look.
I was asked to produce a heart in cream wool felt and plan to do more of these as I'm do pleased with the results.
I finished a picture this week using natural felt roving and a wet felting technique. It is wonderful stuff to work with and a very tactile process, some times the result is not always what you expected but that is the nature of the wool and using a natural product.

No comments:

Post a Comment