Sunday 10 June 2012

A visit to Saltaire, Bradford.

I had quite an inspirational visit to Saltaire today.
The country side was stunning and I took so many photographs to prod me, if I forget and my sketch book is not enough.
The grand scale of the old mills was overwhelming and I didn't tire of the stone work or the repeated patterns on different buildings. Some of the domestic houses were just wonderful-imagine living in a World Heritage Site.
Not only was the municipal park, canal way or public building magnificent but the David Hockney permanent exhibition in the 1853 gallery was...well awesome for want of a better word!
It was like going in to a church for surface pattern, paint, iPad images and not to mention his truly splendid photographs of trees.
But now I have so much in my little head, I'm not sure where to start...maybe at the beginning?
Images from the inspiration to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment