Wednesday 26 September 2012

A self confessed hoarder of sewing things....

I always have been-I always will be someone who gets such a thrill from fabrics, sewing notions and buttons!
I can't help it-I see something I like, be it buttons from a junk shop, a box of old threads wound onto manufactures cards of a bag of unknown fabrics.
In the last few weeks I have been sorting out old bags and boxes and discovered things i made as a child.
I found an old needle book with cut out flowers from fabric that was an old and well loved duvet and a half made garment of liberty fabric, cut out for someone much slimmer (I don't think I'll be that girl again!)
I also found a pin cushion that I cut out of some Victorian linen and remember getting scolded for the 'crime', but I still have it and have started to use it again, so it was worth the scolding.

My one love of hoarding is buttons and Victorian adornments, and rather than keeping them to my self, I use them in my work-so that others may love them too.
I very pleased that my children also love collecting. My son Reuben likes his collections displayed in an organized and tidy fashion-like mother like son!

No comments:

Post a Comment