Wednesday 16 January 2013

Good design

I trained as a designer lots if years ago and had some great jobs-designing soaps with dinosaurs animals inside, packaging for food and all the usual design jobs like letter heads etc.
My husband would say I'm a bit of a design geek-'form over function' is some thing he can't understand.
It took many years for me to train and understand 'what is good design'.
I still pay close attention to design awards, read design magazines such and love a good design exhibition!

I'm so lucky that after a number of years pursuing a different career path I made me way back to design and how natural that was.
There are many wonderful designers out there...and equally a few horrific ones too. And I'm never one to judge but having trained for so long and continue to do so, I feel I have a certain knowledge of what is considered good or bad design.
Not everyone can 'do it'! It takes training, a design eye and the knowledge of what make a good design.
With computers these day, everyone can design what ever they need...but in all honestly it takes a little more than a good graphics package to call your self a designer...and as we can all see sometimes left best to left to the professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment