Sunday 27 January 2013

Re-use, re-make and recycle

Today I wanted to do some sewing that wasn't 'work' but would be relaxing.
As I'll soon be doing a 'make do & mend' workshop-I have been playing with ideas of what to re-make, re-use or recycle.

I needed some new cleaning cloths for thekitchen so decided to re-cycle an old towel in to them.

I cut into the right size, sewed ribbon all the way around the edge then turned it over and secured it in place. I could have done it by hand but decided to do it on the sewing machine as the stitches wouldn't show in the toweling material.

I'm so pleased with my sewing today and hope the people attending all the make do and mend workshops will enjoy too.

Other workshops will be making bags from trousers. Recycling sweaters and up styling old clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment