Thursday 17 January 2013

The 'B' word (busy)

This is a contentious word for me-I have a an adorable old school friend pf my husband, who loves to tell us just how 'busy' he is-With out realizing that the rest of the world also has a lot on their plate.

The conversation came up again last week and we were talking about how he used to feel over busy and over stretched at times.

The 'busy' word for me is dull and never mentioned...after all if you run your own business you will have a lot on your plate but to keep telling everyone is redundant.

For him the word busy equated to his success. He used to say just how busy he was, the work he had taken on. That in turn made him feel his business was successful. But now takes a much more relaxed and stressless approach and taking time off on a weekend a is priority, as such has become more productive.

I my self have, at times had a lot on my plate, working 7days a week.
Now I've got a great system in place and leave work in the office.
It was important for not only my family but for me to relax and switch off.
I don't look at emails, i shut the office door and have an 'out if office' email system set up.
I allow my self to tweet but not to tweet business and if I do have something pop in my head, I write it on sticky notes and put them on the office door-so when I reopened it on Monday, I have my memos ready and waiting.
For most people its so important to have clear defined lines between your work/family time and helps to be more productive and for me it is a must, I run a business, my business doesn't run me!

No comments:

Post a Comment